linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Sunday, December 05, 2010

A Walk in the Woods


I went out this morning a little earlier than usual to do the chores - 6:30 AM.  I had a mission.  
 
The sky was completely clear.  The thermometer read 19 F.  I knew it would come, and I wanted to be there when it did.
 
Armed with camera, I waited for it to arrive.  This is what I saw in the interval.
 
 
 
Frosted raspberry leaves
 
Eave detail
 
 
There's nothing so festive as icicles=)
 
 
 
I love where I live!
 
Frozen tree fort
 
By this time, my hands were getting frozen.  You know that searing, agonizing pain you get just before all feeling flees from your consciousness?  Yet I stuck it out.
 
Yes, I'm crazy.
 
I wrote a song with my friend one time about that very phenomenon - (frozen fingers and toes, not my mental state;).  We'll have to record it and share with you some time. . . 
 
My good puppy Rosie!
 
And my other good puppy, Leroy!  (who hates having her picture taken!)
 
Milo waiting for his breakfast
 
Susan the snow-lady - Lilly's handiwork
 
A cheerful rooster
 
 
And then, I took up my position.  The time was nigh.  Just a few minutes more. . . 
 
 
.:.:.:.:.:.
 
 
A winter sunrise.
 
God's gift to those who only go out to see it!
 
The sun's up - I'm going inside to make waffles!
 
And begin the painful process of defrosting.
 
Have a joyful Sunday!
 
Love,
~Me~
 
"Be glad in the LORD, and rejoice, ye righteous: and shout for joy, all ye that are upright in heart."
-Psalms 32:11
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...