linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Snowbound


I did Chinese with the girls today - we made flash cards with the chinese character on one side, and the English translation on the other.  I passed each girl a little stack of nouns, verbs, and adjectives, then we each took turns creating sentences with our words.  It was hilarious - one of mine read "Three old men of the population sold cow's milk and candy to the King's seven running daughters."  Then I attempted to say it in Chinese.  Ever played Mad-Libs?  Try it in another language.  It's ten times the fun=)  
However, I'm not up to saying much away from my books, so please don't ask me any words just quite yet;)
Snow fell in a furious, blinding mass most of the day - Aubrey got out the tractor to plow the driveway, and I went to help him with something to get it started.  I was only outside for about fifteen minutes, but by the time I came in, I was completely, deeply, covered with snow.  And how! :D
Now, the driveway's plowed.  The snow's still howling though.  Animals fed.  Dinner cleared away - wonderful egg noodles from a family-owned factory in Montana, and topped with homemade garlic scape pesto. . . mmm!  Butterscotch pudding stirring on the stove while little girls hurried to get ready for bed, then a special treat - a Harold Lloyd silent movie=)  We were laughing so hard - I'm afraid I slapped my knee in a peculiar way that I have so hard that it's bruised:)  Completely unladylike. . .
After the movie, I finished up another apron for the shop - now to get pictures of my entire apron stash and list them!
Well, I've been enjoying each and every entry in the Literary Heroine Blog Party so much.  Thank you to everyone who's entered so far!  And if you haven't yet, why not head on over and join the fun?  I'd be thrilled to have you!
Auf Wiedersehen, Meine Freunde!
 So long, friends!
.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
Well, no sooner than I finished typing the above, that the real excitement of the evening occurred.  It's much later now - and I have a whole 'nother story to tell;)
Current weather forecast:
-*---*---*-

It was really my fault.  I brushed my teeth.  
And as the water has to be kept constantly running or freeze in the pipes, I wickedly forgot and turned the water off when I was done.  Then I sat down to make my nice little post above.  And just as I typed the exclamation mark, my Mom spoke the dreaded words: "The water's stopped!"  I ran to the tub, the lowest part of the water system, to see if it was still running there, but nothing was coming out of the faucet.  Alright, one drip.  Then nothing.  

I turned on all faucets, then called poor Aubrey on the phone, who came running from his little bus to save the day.  He got out the propane torch and tried to light it, but the wind was blowing too hard to light a match.  I got a wad of napkins, lit them with a match, then shoved it out the door to Aubrey and the torch, which was then able to take hold and light.  Aubrey thawed out the frost-free outdoor water faucet, then by a miracle got the hose, which was already almost frozen through, working again.  I was hunched in front of the indoor pipes, with the blow dryer trained on them.  Then, that joyous sound - running water!  Pouring out from every faucet!

You really cannot truly appreciate something until you've had to do with out it.
Praise God for everything, and in everything give thanks - running water is a blessing, but God is still good when it ceases to flow.
Aubrey came inside and I fixed him some hot chocolate and cheese-and-crackers as a peace offering.

The end.
I know, I usually don't share stories like that here. =)  Well, I've decided that I've not been sharing the entire picture on this here web journal.  You might as well know me as I am, not as I "type" myself up to be.  I'm sure none of us intend to portray ourselves in a different light in the blogosphere as we are in real life, but it to happens to every one of us sometime or another.
I want to make an effort to charge that - I want to be able to truly share what God has been doing in my life, so that others can be edified.  
To God be the glory!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...