linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Sharing the Blessings

(To view all Sharing the Blessings link-ups, click here)

Furniture has since been re-arranged, but you can get an idea of the interior of my little space...

I am typing on my very own, personal, private computer!  It's such a great feeling.  It's just an old, free, Compaq desktop, which goes against my Mac-using heritage... my dad owned one of the very first Apple home computers in the eighties.  I played Orbizone on the Apple IIGS, and we've upgraded ever since - now my brother is an iPad and iPhone app developer!  Nevertheless, I have yet to be able to afford a MacBook Pro of my own...  and it's indescribably wonderful to have the freedom of a personal computer.  I love him and call him Stanley.  (Private joke, by the way;)  First off, I installed the Pinterest pin marklet - I've been longing to do that for months=)  I then went and browsed through Tasha's beautiful desktop wallpapers and selected this one.  Pure delight.  I hug myself whenever I look at my darling desktop;)  And I love the sonsy, bustling sound the keys make as I clatter my fingertips over them.  I'm sitting at my antique folding desk, with sunlight filtering through the ceiling and walls of my little abode, the creamy canvas dappled with golden light.  There's a squirrel sitting on a cedar branch just outside my tent flap - the incessant noise he makes is half-amusing, half-onerous.  My Bible is open next to me - I've been in Colossians.

And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful... And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
-- Colossians 3:15&17

  So thankful for the little things.

Sometimes things just don't go as planned.  For instance, I planned to post about my wall tent cottage just as soon as I (and my pictures) were all moved in to my new computer - about a month ago now=) It's taken that long to do so. And the weeks hurried by, and little, busy, homey things filled the days and hours.  


And smack dab in the middle of sewing deadlines, pickling garden truck, splashing in the pond, studying, milking, visiting, chopping, scrubbing, stitching, weeding, riding, and the million and one things that have filled my summer days, something happened that opened my entire horizon, gave me new hope, filled me with joy and indescribable thankfulness.  
God worked a miracle.  I've been praying for this thing for nearly eight years, and if it were left to my poor faith alone, it would never have come to pass.  But our God is faithful, even when we are weak and loose vision.  
Something He has taught me is that no matter how wild the storm seems around us, no matter how weak and helpless we feel at times to grapple with life, He will always be there, giving us enough strength to conquer.  He has promised to never give His children more than they can bear.  God's children never say "I can't do it."  The entire, vast, fathomless strength of Jesus Christ is behind us - anything is possible through Him!


The time has not quite come to reveal the wonderful news to you all, but it shall be in good season.  For now, I just wanted to share how inexpressibly thankful to God I am, and to encourage you to know that He is faithful.  
And to celebrate these joyful tidings, I wanted to start a link-up where you can share what you are thankful for as well!  Just make a post, as simple as a picture or as elaborate as an article, and link up below so others can be encouraged.  
The blessings of family?  The fact that a friend stopped by with a cheerful smile and shared a good laugh?  The temptation conquered or the steaming mug of hot tea you enjoy each morning over devotions?  A verse of scripture that has blessed you?

Feel free to add the button below (linking to this post) to your blog and/or post as well - help spread the word!


Simply sharing the little blessings that make life beautiful.  Won't you join me?

1 comment:

  1. The Lord is indeed so merciful to us! That whe nthe storms prevail and when it seems as if hope diminishes, He is still there holding me in His everlasting arms and uses all things for His glory and my good....

    I am so glad to hear that joy has been abounding in your heart, and join in thanksgiving with you!

    In Christ,
    ~Shannon~

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...