linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Year of our Lord 2011 - A Review

It's really, really hard for me to realize that this year is over.  How?  How?  Where did all of those days, moments go?  But the memories, treasured and preserved, will linger on in my heart.

As I wrote just one year ago:
One year.  365 days.  Countless moments.  Each one to capture for the glory of my Saviour.
Now, like a precious gift, another year has been given me.  I want to fill it, by Christ's grace, with the very best that is in me.  
That's my sole resolution this year.  That may not always mean accomplishing great physical things - it might just mean sitting still, waiting for the perfect timing that I, in my human mindset, simply don't understand.  It might mean going out of my comfort zone.  It might mean learning to let go - to realize that I will never be able to do it all.  Just focus on the important things.  It will mean reevaluating what the important things really are! 

An entire lifetime, made up of single moments. An entire life living in the light of the Savior, striving to do His will, to bless and encourage the other lives around it. Sometimes loosing a precious moment through carelessness or self-indulgence, but ever being given a new one to move forward with, to beautify a life, to be remembered by.  
You and I have been given an incredible gift.  Let's put it to good use!


Here's a list of memorable 2011 highlights: 


  • Snow in January! (yes, there is usually snow in January where I live - up to six feet in recent years.  As opposed to Jan 2012, which has zero;)
  • My first Etsy sale!
  • Watched Shall We Dance for the first time and fell in love with Fred + Ginger
  • Interviewed by Atlanta of Story of a Seamstress
  • Went to see the North Idaho Hat Band play at the Open Arms PCC concert 

To be Announced Shortly!
  • Bought a button badge machine!  I've used it well over three hundred times since then.
  • Wrote and recorded my own song... still needs some work:)
  • Met Petrov.
  • Learned Debussy's La Fille aux Cheveux de Lin on piano

Went on a trip to northern CA and the Oregon coast, and while there:
  • Walked ten miles through a vineyard taking plant inventory and stepping on a 2 1/2 foot long diamond back *shudder* snake
  • Ate divine fresh shrimp at Bubba Gump's in San Fransisco with Grampy
  • Walked misty beaches on the Oregon Coast
  • Drove Grampy's huge red truck over the winding, narrow, steep and scary Hopland grade and survived
  • Looked at to-die-for hats stacked floor to ceiling in a quaint little main street shop in Ferndale, Ca
  • Became the thrilled and proud owner of one of said hats - Thank you, Grampy! =D
  • Attended a T.E.A party in Santa Rosa
  • Bravely played a piano special for an Easter Sunday service
  • Flew alone for the first time
  • I celebrated my 2010 Graduation
  • Wore my green & cream 1949 vintage gown to the grad. banquet and ceremony - oh, how I love that dress!


  • Trip to Wiser, ID with friends, including the illustrious members of the North Idaho Hat Band, who participated at the National Old Time Fiddler's contest

  • Purchased and moved in to my first home!
  • The annual Independence Day croquet match!
  • Launched my new blog, Accordion to Kellie.  Four months later, we have passed the 24,000 pageview mark and have just short of a thousand comments!  I've been so blessed to cross paths with so many wonderful people during this blogging journey, and I am really excited to see where it will take me in the coming year.

  • Sewed my dream Vintage Safari dress
  • My last year in the 4-H project - Sewing and Archery.  Received the top model award at the 4-H Fashion Revue:)
  • Camping in the rain with friends

  • Met the wonderful Chip and her sister!


  • Closed the old year with joy, vision, and thankfulness - what wonderful new adventures await?

6 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! Really enjoyed them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That was quite a year!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite a year, indeed! May this one bring even more of God's blessings your way.

    God bless,
    ~"Wild Rose"~

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sure was;) Blessings on you all in 2012, dears!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like it was an exciting year. Congrats on all the achievements!

    But the graduation picture... That girl next to you with the sunglasses. What is her problem?!



    Oh..its me.. Good grief

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only possible semblance of a problem that girl has is giving her companions cute overload... you always look adorable, dear;)

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...