linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Sharing the Blessings vol. 12

Presenting the May edition of Sharing the Blessings. Join up below!

May is upon us!  I am really, really having a hard time realizing it so far... give me a few weeks. :)

Today, I passed quite a milestone in my life.  I gave my first piano lesson.

Sure, I've been helping my sisters for years, but I never felt ready to make to leap to teach the art of the piano to anyone else.  How could I, when I am so far from perfection?

So when a friend called me the other day asking for lessons, I couldn't believe it.  Was it time?  But I'm just not ready!  Evidently, God thought so... so I took the leap.

I love teaching!  I was quite terrified at first - in fact, I felt those familiar butterflies from the dozens of piano recitals I've lived through creeping up on me.  But once I caught my breath, everything seemed to focus and I was enjoying myself hugely.  I daresay I have a lot to refine in my method - but there's no way to do that except by jumping in!

The water's great.

I just want to thank God for His infinite wisdom, for challenging me to grow and trust.  And most of all, for giving me the faith to step out and grasp life, in all it's glory and opportunity, and make a difference.

I read this quote the other day, and have been thinking about it ever since.
And you can never know the awesome beauty of the open sea until you experience it for yourself.

Are you entering some unknown water?  Share with us!
-------------------------------
How it works:
Each link pool will be active for one month. Be sure to visit often to see new entries over the month!

What you do:
Just make a post, as simple as a picture or as elaborate as an article, about the blessings in your life. An inspiring story?  The challenge conquered - or the steaming mug of hot tea you enjoy each morning, glorying in the new day? A verse of scripture that has blessed you? The way your family never fails to make you smile? Everything in our lives can be a blessing, when you think about it - so share yours!

Add your link, then browse through the link pool, visit with other bloggers, and share your blessings!

Please add the button below with a link back to this URL:
so that others can participate!

Feel free to add the button below (linking to the URL given above) to your blog as well - help spread the word!

(To view all weeks of Sharing the Blessings, click here)



Simply sharing the little blessings that make life beautiful. Won't you join me?

2 comments:

  1. Teaching piano is exciting! I've been teaching piano for a few years now, students coming and going. Now I have 2 piano students (ages 8+13) & a flute student (age 16).

    Today I will be starting something new & scary in the teaching world: I will start giving piano lesson to a University Student! I'm excited to take this new challenge though!

    I also wanted to add that I totally LOVE your piano arrangement of "Day by Day". It is my favorite song!

    -Iris♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that every challenge is a blessing because it pushes me to reach towards my potential and open myself to parts of the world that are so interesting and beautiful. And a curious thing I have learned is that we don't have to be perfect. We just have to be open to try. It is easy to convince ourselves that " I am not ready" when in fact we are. We are called to keep reaching out; not be perfect. I don't have a blog but a blessing I want to share happened at an Open House last week where homeless friends at the Gainesville Catholic Worker house offered their art work for sale as part of their cottage entrepreneurship project. When I actually meet the people who did the art, I met people just like me enjoying the day and talking to friends. Most of them have had hard lives and challenges I will never know, but they have smiles and dreams and stories to tell--just like me. It was beautiful to sit with Mohammed and talk about his homeland Egypt and what he thought about the Arab Spring. A man who once was a physician in Egypt is now an addict and homeless. But he has a kindness about him and he was so interesting to talk with over slices of delicious pie offered for refreshments. We are all in this thing called life together and we can all learn from each other. And slices of homemade pie made by volunteer students made the afternoon about perfect!

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...