linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

You are my Favorite

Basically, this is my idea of sweats.  So comfy and casual, but definitely staying true to my philosophy that what you wear will say more about yourself than you'll ever get to share with most people - and life is too short to waste that opportunity by looking less than you are.

Also, I kind of laid the green on a bit heavy in this ensemble without even noticing - but after all, can there be too much of what's by far your favorite?  I think not.

Snapped these photos after I swung by the neighbor's for my sister to pick up a pair of Sebastopol geese which are now her pride and joy.  The geese's? (ack - multiple goose possessive tense quandary here!) parents are named Romeo and Juliet, so I'm voting for either Tristan and Isolde or Beatrice and Benedick for our new additions - sadly, no one else seems to share my nerdy enthusiasm.  


Outfit Details:
high-low skirt // made by me
tank - plaid blouse - sunnies // thrifted
boat shoes // Fred Meyer

10 comments:

  1. You are so right. The first few seconds that a person sees you forms an opinion , and clothes factor into that opinion . While we say clothes don't make the man, they do influence greatly our private views. Plus, I would add that when we dress for the day, the clothes we select influence our perception of ourselves that day. Are we ready to engage with the world? Or are we ready to work in the garden? It is interesting how dressing down results in our lowering performance standards that day. Are we not dressed to relax and do nothing? Whatever the "to do" lists are each day, dressing authentically for ourselves helps us find a bit of extra umph to be at the top of our game, whatever it may be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that skirt. This outfit is just :you:...probably all of the green in it, but it's just so perfectly you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the ruffle on your skirt and the beautiful scenery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always have such cute music! Love this look by the way <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so adorable! I love the skirt, and the pictures are absolutely fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your philosophy, "What you wear will say more about yourself than you'll ever get to share with most people - and life is too short to waste that opportunity by looking less than you are."

    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the name ideas, Kellie! I definitely share your nerdy enthusiasm! Might I just through the Doctor and Rose, Roger and Molly, and Darcy and Lizzie into the mix? You'll have to get your multiple goose tense quandary sorted - I have a feeling you'll be using it a lot! : )
    Meagan

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress does look so comfy! :)

    Iris♥
    The Blue Birdhouse

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, yes. Pretty "sweats" are wonderful! I do agree with your philosophy! And about the geese too. I vote for Tristan and Isolde. Besides... Who couldn't love a goose names Tristan? or Isolde? I think the names are quite suited to geese. =]

    How DO you take such amazing pictures?!

    Emaline

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...