linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Little Dorrit Theme | piano improv


Today, a medley of themes from BBC's Little Dorrit - one of my favorite books, films, and heroines of all time.



“It was the shadow of Some one who had gone by long before: of Some one who had gone on far away quite out of reach, never, never to come back. It was bright to look at; and when the tiny woman showed it to the Princess, she was proud of it with all her heart, as a great, great, treasure. When the Princess had considered it a little while, she said to the tiny woman, And you keep watch over this, every day? And she cast down her eyes, and whispered, Yes. Then the Princess said, Remind me why. To which the other replied, that no one so good and so kind had ever passed that way, and that was why in the beginning. She said, too, that nobody missed it, that nobody was the worse for it, that Some one had gone on to those who were expecting him-- 

'Some one was a man then?' interposed Maggy. 

Little Dorrit timidly said yes, she believed so; and resumed:

'-- Had gone on to those who were expecting him, 
and that this remembrance was stolen or kept back from nobody. The Princess made answer, Ah! But when the cottager died it would be discovered there. The tiny woman told her No; when that time came, it would sink quietly into her own grave, and would never be found.” 

― Charles Dickens, Little Dorrit

12 comments:

  1. Love Love Love Little Dorrit! She's another amazing person. I don't know why she didn't make it on the lists. Lovely playing! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful playing! I was engrossed! Please make this a series!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your interpretation from Little Dorrit! So fun to have music to enjoy in the final days of the LHBP 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore the Little Dorrit music!! You're a wonderful pianist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, post some more of you playing!! :) You play very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was amazed by your piano skills! You are so talented; the music was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely lovely! You play beautifully.

    ~Vicki
    decked out in ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful, Kelli! Is this an original composition?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a slight personalization of a cover done on YouTube, sheets provided. The link is in the description. Thank you!!

      Delete
  9. Just perfect Kellie! I wish I could improvise like you...I'm stuck to classical sight reading. Sigh. Some day I shall learn. :)
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Though I've studied classical sight reading in depth, it's always been a weak point and I desperately wish I could do it better:( Have fun!

      Delete
  10. Thank you so much, everyone! I'm definitely planning to attempt this again. Your encouragement means so much to me. <3

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...