linkshomeblogaboutshopsponsor

Friday, February 13, 2015

All I Ask of You | Engagement Pt 1


A gray, wintry day this week found Christopher and I frolicking around in our ritziest clothes with my little sister for an ENGAGEMENT SHOOT!  I made my dress in December for the Christmas Swing ball, and wore my great grandmother's rhinestones.  Christopher donned his Italian leather wingtips that he wears for performances with his bluegrass band.  Guys, those shoes dazzle.  When he plays the banjo and wears those shoes, I'm not responsible for producing logical thought processes.

We had a marvelous time and Matilda did a marvelous job, and there's more to come so stay tuned!


 It's during this season that everyone gives a thought to love.  Some are in a romantic relationship, some are very much not and try to drown the sorrow in chick flicks and ghirardelli's.  I've always had a sympathetic feeling for both camps, but have never been able to relate to either.  I've written peppy blog posts in previous years for Valentine's day reiterating just how much I love this holiday and the traditions I've woven around it.  Celebrating the many loved ones in my life, reveling in femininity and flowers and period dramas and literary heroines and… chocolate.  Obvious reasons are obvious.
  
I've never been in a romantic relationship before and I've never really bemoaned the fact, though I've given it gigantic amounts of thought as we all have.  Largely due to the countless stories I've read, planted in my mind, of tales woven from the imaginations and observations of writers who capture human experience in the written word to share with others, I've grown very decided ideas about what love is.  How it is manifested, communicated, expressed and delivered, assured.  And I kept these ideas at the ready, waiting to see how they would be proven or stretched by the brilliant reality of Someday.  
In previous years, I spent this season in the happy medium of contentment and curiosity.

This year is so different.  Different from anything I've ever known.  This year I'm scandalously, inextricably, crazily in love with far more than the man of my dreams.  This year I'm preparing to marry him and wear his ring on my finger.

And those ideas I had?  
I once read that when he took her in his arms she knew she would never be alone again.  That a heart well worth winning does indeed exist - a heart that, once won, goes through fire and water for the winner, and never changes, and is never daunted.  
That perfect love casts out fear. 

I'm only beginning to understand just how true they are.




Words are only painted fire. A look is the fire itself.
― Mark Twain, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court

18 comments:

  1. Huge congratulations to you, Kellie! You have described so beautifully the wonder of love and I wish you both all the best as you celebrate this exciting and magical season of engagement!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these photos are so precious and sweet!! Congratulations Kellie and Christopher! What a lovely couple you make. Happy Valentine's Day to you both and looking forward to your big day in May! Love that photo of Christopher holding you up in the air! Just adorable, you two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful color choices! That first one of him picking you up is impressive! Lovely pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet! Looking forward to seeing Part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATS! Sweet thoughts and lovely pictures. I particularly like the ones of him holding you. You both of such a look of overwhelming joy and contentment.

    Much Grace as you start your new adventure of engagement and marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Loving the foggy backgrounds in some of these contrasted with your festive clothing! It is just too perfect.:-) I'm very happy for you Kellie, and this new season in your and Christopher's lives!! Can't wait to see what adventures lie ahead! With love, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  7. You said it all Kellie. You said it all. Joy be yours during this next season of excitement and anticipation! You set a high example to all of us young ladies, and I only hope that one day I will be able to experience the same wonders you are now.

    Happy Day of Love! <3

    Jessica, the eldest sister & singer

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics! The background is perfect for your ritziest clothes! Looking forward to seeing the next part. So glad to hear of the joy God has blessed with you with!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well...3rd try (I guess the other 2 comments didn't go through....)
    Love, love, love the shoes...and your ring! Oh, it's so you!!! Matilda did a great job capturing those priceless moments...what perfect colors on you both (and the shoes....I love oxfords)...
    It's so funny that you posted these photos, as I was just randomly thinking a couple days ago about your dress and guessing you'd wear it today...or for Valentines....it is so perfectly lovely!!!

    Oh Kellie, it is SO good to read your post today...to read someone else's thoughts that echo my own feelings over the past years--both past and present.
    May your and Christopher's love just continue to flourish, my dear! I'm so happy for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Kellie and Christopher!! What absolutely gorgeous pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just precious, Kellie. You look beautiful in these photos- major congratulations to you lovely!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kellie, I had NO idea you were engaged! How exciting for you -- I'm so happy for your happiness! :)

    dance a real

    ReplyDelete
  13. You two are so adorable together. Oh my goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful pictures, Kellie! You two are an adorable couple. Praying all God's best for you as you begin this new adventure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This made me smile - y'all make a gorgeously happy couple! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awww....<3

    Congrats to both of you! God bless you as you turn a new page in the story of your lives. You both look quite smashing!

    ~"Tom Wild Rose"~

    P.S.
    Happy Birthday, Kellie! *Confetti*

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you so much, all, for your sweet well wishes! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I know that this is late, but congratulations lovely! I wish you two all the blessings God can give! <3

    ReplyDelete

You're about to make my day! Thanks so much for leaving a comment - I absolutely love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...